We exist to offer hope and encouragement to Texas Baptists struggling with difficult life issues.
Our Services Include:
- Confidential assessment, counseling and referral services for ministers and their families.
- Counseling resources for all Texas Baptists.
- Group presentations on mental health topics to promote overall well-being and healthy living.
- Contact Katie Swafford at (800) 388-2005 or by email at: counselingservices [at] texasbaptists.org.
- Information regarding your situation will be gathered to identify needs.
- Financial needs, location and counseling specialties will be considered.
- Resources or referrals will be offered based upon assessed needs of the individual or family.
- Counseling subsidy funds for ministers may be allocated per certain criteria and as available.
Lay down your burdens
by Katie Swafford — September 8, 2014
This story is 3 of a 3-part series addressing the effects of sexual abuse and the power of healing through Jesus Christ.
Sexual abuse – An uncomfortable phrase for most of us and a horrific experience and reality for far too many. In Christian circles, these words are not talked about very much. Whether it is the fear of the unknown, shame, disgust, naiveté or something else, there seems to be a common theme of silence.
Yet when we see others struggle, we have a tendency to talk about that. Many who have been sexually abused find themselves dealing with issues involving drugs, alcohol, eating disorders, depression…
September 14-19, 2014
Selah Retreats give ministry leaders a safe place to get away and think through where they are on their journey. Too often our schedule keeps us from thinking about what is really important in life. You will have the opportunity to reflect on where you are in your ministry, your family life and your own personal relationship with the Lord. More information.