We exist to offer hope and encouragement to Texas Baptists struggling with difficult life issues.
Our Services Include:
- Confidential assessment, counseling and referral services for ministers and their families.
- Counseling resources for all Texas Baptists.
- Group presentations on mental health topics to promote overall well-being and healthy living.
- Contact Katie Swafford at (800) 388-2005 or by email at: counselingservices [at] texasbaptists.org.
- Information regarding your situation will be gathered to identify needs.
- Financial needs, location and counseling specialties will be considered.
- Resources or referrals will be offered based upon assessed needs of the individual or family.
- Counseling subsidy funds for ministers may be allocated per certain criteria and as available.
Almost every family and church is impacted in some way by substance abuse. The BGCT’s Christian Life Commission addresses the issue of substance abuse primarily through prevention and education strategies. Click here to learn more.
Interested in becoming a part of the Counseling Network?
Our Approved Professional Network includes a variety of mental health professional disciplines (psychologists, psychiatrists, LPC,LCSW, LMFT, LCDC) who have an interest in serving Christian ministers and their families.
Connecting the dots
by Katie Swafford — February 16, 2015
When I was small, I would sometimes sit right up next to the TV screen and look at all the red, green, and blue dots. It was weird, and cool at the same time, how all those tiny little dots came together to make a recognizable picture once you stepped back to see the connections. I can easily get caught up in looking at the dots – focused in on my little world. But God’s been reminding me that He as a big picture – one that I don’t necessarily see in its entirety. If I get focused on my own dots, I can neglect to make connections with others and in doing so, miss… [continue]