TBAS_Anniversary_Logo

Texas Baptist All State Choir and Band to Celebrate 35th Anniversary

March 11th, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Texas Baptist All State Choir and Band will celebrate their 35 Anniversary this summer by honoring their first TBAS Choir from 1976.  Alumni will enjoy a reception, rehearsal and joint concert with the 2011 Texas Baptist All State Choir and Band on Friday, July 22.

All TBAS Alumnus are invited to participate in the reunion.  To receive an invitation, send your name (including maiden name), the years you participated in TBAS and email address to karen.witcher@texasbaptists.org.

Established in 1976, Texas Baptist All-State® Choir & Band is an organization created to provide motivating, inspirational, life-changing experiences for 9th-12th grade students from Texas Baptist churches. Students must be exemplary in Christian character and desire to excel in church music. This ministry is offered to encourage the development of future church music leaders. It is a unique opportunity for talented students to receive special, in-depth training from Texas Baptist university music faculty, fellowship with other Christian students of like talents and interests, as well as, making a difference through ministry opportunities.

Registration and auditions for the 2011 Texas Baptist All State Choir and Band is still being accepted.  Information on this summer’s event which will be held on the Mary Hardin-Baylor Campus, July 17-24, may be found at www.texasbaptists.org/allstate .

• Facebook
  • Twitter
| 9 comments

9 Responses

1. Courtney Cartwright Howard says:

I participated in TBASC in 1984 and 1985. I just found this website so I hope it is not to late to receive an invitation. Please give me a call.

2. Tami Yoke LaRue says:

I was a member in 93 and 94. If it’s to late for this one, I’d love to get an invite for the next one. TBAS was the best experience I’ve ever had the privilege of being a part of.

3. Cindy Jones Conner says:

I wish I would have known about this! I guess that’s what happens when you grow up and move out of state:) The 3 summers I spent in Texas Baptist All-State Choir (and Handbells!) were some of the best moments of my high school years. It amazes me as I keep coming across some of the anthems we sang back then through out my college years and even now in my “adult choir” at my church. “I thank my God when I remember you.” Indeed.

4. Joeli Thompson Engel says:

I participated in 1985 or 1986 in the same year Jill Shirley sang with ably “I’ve Just Seen Jesus”

5. veronica Rhodes Buggs says:

I WAS A Member of the 1976 class. Just saw the celebration info because I was searching for our repertoire from that first year. Can you help

6. Kevin Carlson says:

I was a member of the choir in 1983 & 1984. Is it possible to get a copy of the performances?

7. Maudine Hardcastle says:

I was a sponser 1986 – 1999. It was a wonderful uplifting experience to hear youth using ther talents for the Lord.
    Check out the choir I am singing in now. Central Texas Master Singers.Com

8. Sandi says:

I was a member of the soprano section of the choir during the summers of ’77 and ’78. I met the most fantastic, talented, and gifted people…and a very good friend! Beautiful music, proper training, singing for God…nothing better!

9. Kathleen Frankovich says:

I was also there in 78 and 79! Loved my time with the choir. We made an album and I put it on my ipod and STILL listen to it! Not the best recording but the songs still give me goosebumps :) So sorry I didn’t know about this reunion.