The BGCT has a passion for continuing to reach the lost and hurting in our world. The BGCT is developing specific plans by following biblical mandates and models. We are committed to encouraging, facilitating, and connecting churches so that they can fulfill God’s mission of reconciling the world to himself.
- Starting, developing and strengthening transformational churches. Churches are God’s chosen means of reaching the lost and touching the needs of the hurting. We need more and stronger such congregations.
- Identifying and developing transformational leaders. Churches need God-called and qualified leaders if they are to fulfill their purpose. These leaders need a passion for the lost and a burden for the hurting.
- Providing a comprehensive missions and evangelism strategy. These two hallmarks of Baptist life are occurring today in a changing cultural environment, and the BGCT is helping churches effectively adapt to those changes in order to reach the lost and touch the hurting.
- Meeting human needs. The BGCT and its affiliated institutions provide direct help to 37,000 neglected and needy children and their families each year, as well as supporting hunger relief efforts, elder care facilities, community ministries, disaster response efforts and hospitals.
- Conducting research and development for cutting edge ministries. We are developing new ministries for a new time. While the message stays the same, our methods change with the times.
- Operating and serving as truly multicultural organization. Texas is home to people of widely diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds. In order to reach the lost and touch the hurting, the BGCT is connecting with Texans of all cultures.
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost. – Luke 19:10 (NIV)
My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. – John 17:20-21 (NIV)
God…gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. – 2 Corinthians 5:18-19 (NIV)