The Office of Hispanic Ministries exists to encourage, inform, and help Hispanic Baptist churches aligned with the Baptist General Convention of Texas reach the goals the Lord has given them. The Office of Hispanic Ministries serves more than 1,100 Hispanic Baptist congregations throughout the state. Our goal is to assist these congregations in their ministry, utilizing the wide variety of services and ministries available through our office.
Para mas informacion, llame al (214) 887-5424.
The Hispanic Baptist Convention is an annual meeting for Hispanic pastors, church leaders and members designed to provide training, information, inspiration, unity and coordination in the work of Hispanic churches part of the Baptist General Convention of Texas family.
For information about Convencion, click here.
Misioneros de Verano 2013/Summer Missionaries
The Office of Hispanic Ministries (OHM) exists to encourage, inform, and assist the 1,100+ Hispanic congregations aligned with the BGCT. We do this through a wide array of programs and services.
- Convención Bautista Hispana de Texas.The Hispanic Baptist Convention met on June 24-26, 2012. 2,000 messengers and visitors gathered in San Antonio TX to renew the Convention’s commitment to missions in Texas and beyond. On Monday night June 25th, those in attendance participated in a special commissioning of the HBCT’s first international missions team.Shoes:
- In partnership with Buckner International and the Office of Hispanic Ministries, Convención attendees donated more than 2,000 pairs of shoes for the Shoes for Orphan Souls ministry.
- “EntrenaT” Leadership Training Centers.In total, since its launch in October 2009, more than 200 Hispanic leaders have begun the journey of becoming the leaders that God wants them to become through our Entrena-T ministry. 2012 has been crucial in the development of this ministry, especially with the birth of new centers in Del Rio, Kaufman, Sherman and Texarkana; we now have 10 centers across the state. During the summer of 2012, our office graduated 94 students in three regional graduations around Texas. Thanks to World Wide funding, Entrena-T even went international to Puebla, MX and Perú.
- Summer Missionaries.With the support of Mary Hill Davis funding and in partnership with the BGCT’s Hispanic Education Initiative, we were able to send 25 Hispanic college students as summer missionaries to 25 Hispanic Baptist congregations around the state. Some students focused on church planting, but most worked with youth and carried out a variety of ministries from May 31st until August 5th. Their impact was tremendous! Many lives were changed.
- La Visión Bautista.This quarterly publication is designed to inform and connect Hispanic Baptist congregations to ministries and events relevant to their churches.
- Hispanic Preaching Conference.The OHM partnered with Baptist University of the Américas to provide a preaching conference to enrich the ministry of bi-vocational and lay pastors.
- Hispanic Rally.This event is held the Sunday before the Annual Meeting. The focus this year will be on the Convention’s theme: “Living Out Hope”. Worshippers will be challenged to be on mission and provide opportunities for everyone in Texas to respond to Christ. A simultaneous Rally will be held in Houston.
- Scholarships. There are two BGCT-administered scholarships available to Hispanic Baptist students. One is the Ethnic Minority Scholarship Program funded by the Mary Hill Davis Offering, and the other is the Rudy and Micaela Camacho Scholarshipfunded by individuals.
- Hispanic Senior Adult Summit. The Hispanic Senior Adult Summit seeks to enrich relationships, encourage ministry and promote the personal growth of Hispanic seniors. Over 100 senior adults attended this year’s event.
Thank you Texas Baptists for you gifts to the Cooperative Program that make our ministry possible!