Senior Adult Ministry
This webpage is designed for those working with senior adult ministries, boomer ministries, and will provide resources, tools, encouragement, and ideas to help ministers and volunteers in these ministries.
Save the Date: September 4-5, 2014
National Boomer Ministry Conference – Catch The Boomer Wave
First Baptist Church, Dallas
More info to follow.
- amyhanson.org – Amy Hanson – a tremendous speaker and educator on ministering to Boomers
- www.senioradultministry.com – The Johnson Institute for Spiritual Gerontology – To educate persons of faith to go out into the vineyards and bring God into the very center of aging
- www.lifeway.com/senioradults – Discover upcoming events and resources from Lifeway related to your senior adult ministry.
- www.hometouchministry.com – Ministry to the elderly – ideas and resources to help you minister to shut-ins and the disabled.
- billtheboomer.wordpress.com/about/ – A blog by Bill Craig, Lifeway Director of Leadership and Adult Ministry.
Help your community and your congregation age well to live well by hosting a Texercise program at your church. For fun, fitness and fellowship, click here to learn more.
The Christian Association Serving Adult (CASA) Ministries Network exists to inspire, equip, and mobilize churches for ministry to and through adults in life’s second half.
Books and Other Resources
- The Boomer’s Guide to Aging Parents – 2009 – by Carolyn Rosenblatt
- The Boomer Burden – Dealing with your Parents’ Lifetime Accumulation of Stuff – 2008 – Julie Hall
- Understanding People – Ministry to all stages of life – 2000 – Cheryl Fawcett
- One Church – Four Generations: Understanding and reaching all ages in your church – 2002 – Gary L. McIntosh
- Tribal Church: Ministering to the Missing Generation – 2007 – Carol Merritt
- Ministering to Older Adults: The Building Blocks – 2005 – by Donald Koepke
- Senior Adult Ministry in the 21st Century: Step-by-step Strategies for reaching people over 50 – 2006 – David P. Gallagher
- Ministering to the Seniors: Understanding the Myths and Truths of Aging – 2010 – Joseph R. Rogers, Sr.
E-mail email@example.com with more suggestions for good websites and resources.