by Joe Loughlin — June 9, 2014
Is God calling you? If you’re a follower of Christ, the answer is, “Yes” of course. All of Christ’s followers are called to serve. But is God calling you to ministry as a job? That is an altogether different question. A question almost every believer asks at some point in their journey of following the Lord.
Jeff Iorg helps you answer that question in his little book Is God Calling Me? Answering the Question Every Believer Asks. And don’t be fooled by the size of this book. It’s a simple and practical guide to help every follower of Christ, especially students and young adults, answer these important questions about God’s call on their lives:
- Since God is calling all believers, what does that look like for me?
- Is God calling me to a ministry I will do as a job, and if so, what does that look like?
- Since I believe God is calling me into a vocational type ministry, is this opportunity before me an answer to that call?
- Should I be doing ministry in a local church?
- Should I be committed to missions?
Iorg, President of Golden Gate Theological Seminary in California, believes God is calling out a new generation of kingdom leaders who will accelerate the fulfillment of the Great Commission. He seeks to help you know your role in that. To young leaders he says, “We need your passion. Take over.”
Iorg, Jeff. Is God Calling Me? Answering the Question Every Believer Asks. Nashville: B & H Publishing, 2008.