SOUTH PADRE ISLAND— Janelle Daman, student at University of Mary-Hardin Baylor, noticed a young woman, Saira, staring at all the commotion going on in the water. It was a beach baptism. Full Story »
BROWNWOOD – Watching from the sidelines of the 3-on-3 basketball tournament, Krystal Watson, sophomore at Texas A&M University, saw God moving through the kids at Champs Camp in Brownwood as they prayed with each other before and after each basketball game. Full Story »
DALLAS – During their Feb. 25 meeting, the Baptist General Convention of Texas Executive Board voted to adopt Engage24, challenging every Texas Baptist to share the gospel with at least one person on Oct. 14, 2014. Full Story »
MIDLOTHIAN – Who will go? That is the question that Go Now Missions has been asking college students around the state for the past year. This weekend, 205 students responded to that question with willing and able hearts as they attended Discovery Weekend, an interview and application weekend for summer and fall student missions. Full Story »
As he watched his three-year-old daughter, Rachel Beth, go from door to door in a small neighborhood in Laredo, Ryan Jespersen saw the love of Christ overflowing from her enjoyment of preaching to people that stopped to listen as she told them that Jesus loved them. Full Story »
EDINBURG – On a sunny Friday afternoon, five freshmen students walked across campus at the University of Texas – Pan American pulling a wagon filled with lemonade, musical instruments and salvation tracks. Full Story »
Right now our youngest daughter is learning to crawl and our older daughter, who is three, is walking as well as her mom and me. As children, we know that we crawl before we walk, and walk before we run. The same is true in your church when it comes to being on mission. Many times people need to do something small before they are ready to do something larger. Here at the BGCT we have mission opportunities for people at every level. Whether it’s you or your church looking to get started, we want to help.
We have Disaster Recovery trips for people of all ages. Next summer we will be launching a new program that gets students involved in disaster recovery work during a weeklong mission experience. If you are ready to expand your missions involvement, we have national and international opportunities through Texas Partnerships and through the Christian Life Commission, which offers work dealing specifically with hunger issues. We also have ways for you to partner with churches in the Rio Grande Valley and in Mexico with our River Ministry and Mexico Missions staff.
If you are a college student, you can participate in our Go-Now program which sends college students all over the country and all over the world. Speaking of college students, if you would like to work with international students on a college campus we have opportunities for available. Through our Hope 1:8 Missionary Initiative people in your church can be on mission on a regular basis, either full time, part time, or once to twice a week.
We also have something called Mission Shaped Leadership training which can get your church thinking about missions in ways you never thought possible. This training is about the development of disciples/leaders that are shaped by the mission of God. Do you need training in how to do evangelism when you are on mission? We can help with that! Would you like to partner with an ethnic church in your community? We can help make those connections! Do you want to start a church, either an organic church or a conventional church? We can help your church do that!
No matter what size budget you have and no matter how much or little experience you have, there is something to be done, so let’s be on mission this year. It is time to get started and we can help!
- For Mission Shaped Leadership Training, contact Josue Valerio, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Mission Opportunities on the border and in Mexico, contact Daniel Rangel, email@example.com
- For International Mission Opportunities, contact Steve Seaberry, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Missions in your Community and in Texas, contact Ryan Jespersen, email@example.com
- For Student Mission Opportunities, contact David Scott, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Collegiate Mission opportunities, contact Brenda Sanders, Brenda.email@example.com
- For ways to fight Hunger in Texas, contact Joyce Gilbreath, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Disaster Relief Opportunities, contact Gerald Davis, email@example.com or Marla Bearden, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For opportunities to partner with Ethnic Congregations, contact Patty Lane, email@example.com
- For ways to do work on college campuses, contact Joyce Ashcraft, firstname.lastname@example.org
- To learn how you can get trained in Evangelism, contact Scott Willingham, email@example.com
- For Church Starting, contact Paul Atkinson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Organic Church Starting, contact Mario Gonzalez, email@example.com
Please contact Ryan Jespersen if you are not quite sure what to do yet. We can help you see where your church is and how you can get started making steps to get on mission.