Western Heritage Ministry
Brother Harvey Abke never imagined he would receive a call from Brother Steve Johnson asking him to be the pastor of a new cowboy church Brother Johnson was starting in Caldwell, Texas. Full Story »
MESQUITE – Leaders from cowboy churches across the state gathered at the Mesquite Rodeo March 22-23 for inspiration, information and fellowship meant to spur them to share the gospel when they returned home. Full Story »
BURKBURNETT – Kerry Finley had no intention of starting a cowboy church here. But God had other plans, one that included an empty, glass-front bar and liquor store. Full Story »
IRVING – Sunday mornings are a bustling place at Western Heritage Church in Irving. The band prepares for worship in the sanctuary as other people start pots of coffee, lay out breakfast pastries and greet each other in a fellowship hall full of smiles, hugs and handshakes. Full Story »
Good News from Church Starting: Cowboy Churches approved at MFG for September:
- Sabine County Cowboy Church of Pineland & Corsicana Cowboy Church of Corsicana
Good News from the Cowboy Churches:
- Kings Trail Cowboy Church in Van Alstyne will be moving into their new buildings on Sunday, October. We rejoice with Pastor Jason Norton and King’s Trail Family.
- One year ago in August Faith Temple Baptist Church of Irving “rebranded their church as a Western Heritage Church. The new name of the church is called “Western Heritage Church of Irving” The church is located in a transitional area of Irving and weekly attendance had gone to 18. Since the “rebranding” the church has grown to a weekly attendance of 100. Sunday, August 28, which was the first anniversary of their rebranding service, they had 144 in attendance. The church is trying to buy 3 more acres next door so they can build an arena. We rejoice with Pastor Jodi Nichols, and the folks at the Irving Church.
- Sabine County Cowboy Church of Pineland is a new church start that has some amazing blessings. They had donated 14 acres of land with a house. They have also had a building donated that will be placed on that land. We rejoice with Pastor Timmy and the folks at this new church start.
- I want to commend the folks at Cowboy Church of the Hill Country; Lost Pines Cowboy Church in Elgin; Gulf Plains Cowboy Church in Robstown; Magnolia Cowboy Church in Magnolia; Leon County Cowboy Church and probably some Cowboy Churches that I do not know of that helped in rescuing and taking care of livestock in the fire damaged areas.
- First Baptist Church of Caldwell and First Baptist Church of Woodville both want to start new Cowboy Churches in their areas. If you know of pastor that is looking to be a Cowboy.
- Jim Copeland from Alabama is new pastor at the Rope, Catch and Ride for Christ Cowboy Church in Mabank.
We are talking about Mary Hill Davis State Missions Offering. We are asking you to place a boot out on Sunday, October 2 (or any Sunday in October) and ask the people to give to State Missions. Why?
Funds from the Mary Hill Davis State Missions Offering will help support new church starts; provide funds for evangelistic presence at stock show rodeo events ; help Cowboy Churches to have an evangelistic rodeo event; help the AFCC fund the Ranch House School of Church Planting outside Texas. This offering also has provided the funds to help with the Annual AFCC Ranch Rodeo Championship.
Learn more about how you can be involved in Venezuela Evangelism 2011 and Impact New England 2011. Go to Texas Partnerships for more information.