Health and Long Term Care
Health and well-being depend on the cooperative nature of the community at local, state and national levels of government.
- Access to medical insurance for children.
- Increased funding for CHIP and Medicaid.
- Simplification of Medicaid Process.
- Providing secure and affordable services for elderly and disabled citizens.
- Promoting equitable regulation of and access to health care for all people.
CHIP Update – Legislature Considering Only Partial Restoration of 2003 Cuts (pdf)
CHIP Update – Partial Restoration of Programs Cut in 2003 (pdf)
Center for Public Policy Priorities – Statement (pdf)
2004 BGCT Convention Resolution HHSC Reorganization (pdf)
Center for Public Policy Priorities – Medicaid Facts (pdf)
Health and Human Services Reorganization role of nonprofits (pdf)
Application for Assistance Part A – Information You Need to Know (pdf)
Application for Assistance Part B – Information We Need to Know (pdf)
Affirming Long-Term Care (pdf)