Texas Baptist Disaster Recovery Responds to the Philippines Typhoon Haiyan
Over 6,000 people lost their lives in the Philippines, killed by the worst storm ever recorded in the country. Hundreds of thousands have lost their homes, and many church buildings have been destroyed.
Texas Baptist Disaster Recovery (TBDR), the Convention of the Philippine Baptist Churches (CPBC), and local Filipino pastors are partnering to provide aid after the devastating typhoon.
PRAY: The Province of Iloilo population is over 2.2 million. Please be in prayer for the thousands affected by this tragedy. Pray for the many Pastors and families who have lost homes. Pray for volunteers to go to the Philippines and assist. Click the Pray button below for more prayer requests.
GIVE: Funds are needed to rebuild Pastor’s Homes. Each home can be rebuilt at a cost of $5,000. TBDR’s hope is to raise funds to rebuild 15 homes. Please donate to recovery efforts in the Philippines; please click the GIVE button below.
GO: Volunteers are needed. June 6-14, 2014
Cost: $2,500 with a $300 Church2Church Partnership Scholarship Grant ($2,200 after grant)
Cost includes airfare, transportation, lodging and meals.
Work in the Philippines will include:
- Rebuilding of damaged homes for two Pastors (one also includes a small house church)
- Medical clinics, distributing water filtration systems and food,
- Encouraging the people, worshiping together and sharing the gospel in many ways.
- Marla Bearden and Pastor, Dr. Ernest Dagohoy of the First Philippine Baptist Church of Missouri City, TX will be leading this group.
- Sign up to join us by clicking the “GO” button below to sign up and pay your $100 deposit to hold your reservation for the trip. (Background checks are required, this trip will be for adults only, 18 years or older)
Click here to sign up for newsletter updates.