Recovery & Development
Texas Baptists Disaster Recovery
Texas Baptist Disaster Recovery begins weeks, months and even years after the initial response, working through our local churches, associations and long term recovery teams to provide the following:
- Mobilizing Texas Baptists Disaster Recovery Corps to assist in the recovery and long term development of the affected area/region.
- Gathering and transporting distribution items that meet specific needs in areas affected by disasters.
- Providing a holistic approach to community development, working with disaster survivors throughout the long term restoration process
- Church2Church Partnerships – Churches partnering together in times of disaster.
- Prayer/Spiritual Support – praying for affected areas.
- Chaplaincy Support – guidance and intervention through trained Chaplains.
- Family Unit Assistant/Pastoral Assistance –assisting church member and pastors with disaster recovery funds
Experienced church architecture specialists will work with your leadership to address the critical needs that face a congregation that has experienced a natural disaster. More »
Through assessment and resourcing our professionals can help answer these important questions:
- How do we evaluate the extent of damages?
- What planning and funding resources are available?
- Do the damaged building(s) need to be altered for ministry purposes?
- Is the church going to get a sufficient insurance settlement?
- Discuss options for demolition, repair, and recovery.