Our mission is to help those working with Boomer ministries and provide resources, tools, encouragement and ideas to help ministers and volunteers in this ministry.
More than 250 individuals from churches across the country “caught the boomer wave” at the second annual National Boomer Ministry Conference on Sept. 4-5 at First Baptist Church in Dallas.
Hosted by Texas Baptists Bible Study/ Discipleship Team, the conference shed light on the need for better ministry amongst the baby boomer generation.
2014 Boomer Conference Resources
Thank you to everyone who attended the 2014 conference and helped in making this event a success. Materials from the event, and promotional pieces for the 2015 event, have been made available for download below.
Books & Other Resources
- The Boomer’s Guide to Aging Parents - 2009 – by Carolyn Rosenblatt
- The Boomer Burden – Dealing with your Parents? Lifetime Accumulation of Stuff – 2008 – Julie Hall
- Understanding People – Ministry to all stages of life – 2000 – Cheryl Fawcett
- One Church – Four Generations: Understanding and reaching all ages in your church – 2002 – Gary L. McIntosh
- Tribal Church: Ministering to the Missing Generation – 2007 – Carol Merritt
- Ministering to Older Adults: The Building Blocks – 2005 – by Donald Koepke
- Senior Adult Ministry in the 21st Century: Step-by-step Strategies for reaching people over 50 – 2006 – David P. Gallagher
- Ministering to the Seniors: Understanding the Myths and Truths of Aging – 2010 – Joseph R. Rogers, Sr.
We Want your Feedback
We know new resources are constantly being made available. If you have a resource recommendation or success story, we want to hear from you. Contact us and let us know your story!