We strive to cooperate with other Baptists bodies to minister to African Americans and others in fulfilling the Great Commission of Jesus Christ. We achieve this by raising up and training leaders in the African American church body.
- Serve as facilitator and liaison to Texas Baptists (BGCT) and the African American churches and community.
- Implement and develop leadership training for pastors, ministers, laity and other church and ministry related functions.
- Provide consultation to churches, associational leadership and Texas Baptists (BGCT) staff in cross-cultural relationships, evangelism, discipleship, worship, stewardship, and Bible study.
- Conduct research and study projects to determine the needs of African American and other related churches.
- Provide biblical training to raise up and develop strong African American leadership in both our churches and communities.
An annual conference that seeks to inform, equip, empower and engage the senior adult generation.
September 20, 2014
Friendship Baptist Church
The Colony, Tx
Black Preacher’s Conference
September 8-10, 2014
Seasoned Saints Conference
September 20, 2014
Minority Scholarship Program
The scholarships are funded through the Mary Hill Davis Offering for Texas Missions sponsored annually by Woman’s Missionary Union of Texas. The Mary Hill Davis Ethnic/Minority Scholarship Program is designed to strengthen Texas Baptist churches by providing scholarships to Baptist students from ethnic/minority backgrounds planning to attend a Texas Baptist university.
A fascinating day in the Quilombola village
by Guest Author — September 4, 2014
On August 9, Linda Freeman (a member of First Missionary Baptist Church in Fort Worth) and Bertha Vaughn (a member of Bethany Baptist Church in Houston) joined seven other Texas Baptist church leaders through the African American Ministry. Each followed the call to serve eight days in Salvador, Bahia in Brazil. Here the team did door-to-door evangelism and held Bible studies for Quilombola villagers under a shade tree. Read Freeman’s and Vaughn’s testimony as they recall unforgettable experiences from the village visits.
BRAZIL - It was a fascinating day. We visited two of the Quilombola villages. In the last…