Our mission is to help those working with Boomer ministries and provide resources, tools, encouragement and ideas to help ministers and volunteers in this ministry.
Join us in one of three Texas cities this October for a one-day rally to generate ideas and encouragement as you seek to build an effective ministry baby boomers and/or senior adults ministry.
Important Information Regarding The National Boomer Ministry Conference
The National Boomer Ministry Conference, “Catch the Boomer Wave” is not scheduled for 2016. Rather, this year we will hold a series of one-day rallies in several cities the week of Oct. 24-28. More information on this in the days to come. Locations are still being nailed down, but likely spots are Tyler, Dallas, San Antonio, and one other still to be determined. The next National Boomer Conference is scheduled for Sept. 6-8, 2017, at Park Cities Baptist Church in Dallas. Keep checking back here for details on both events.
If you know of someone who is new to boomer or senior adult ministry and not already on our mailing list, please send them this link so they can add their email address to our list.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
The 2015 National Boomer Conference was a great success! If you are interested in purchasing a Dropcard to download audio from the conference, click here.
Books & Other Resources
- Baby Boomers and Beyond: Tapping the Ministry Talents and Passions of Adults over 50 – 2010 – by Amy Hanson
- The Boomer’s Guide to Aging Parents – 2009 – by Carolyn Rosenblatt
- The Boomer Burden – Dealing with your Parents? Lifetime Accumulation of Stuff – 2008 – Julie Hall
- Understanding People – Ministry to all stages of life – 2000 – Cheryl Fawcett
- One Church – Four Generations: Understanding and reaching all ages in your church – 2002 – Gary L. McIntosh
- Tribal Church: Ministering to the Missing Generation – 2007 – Carol Merritt
- Ministering to Older Adults: The Building Blocks – 2005 – by Donald Koepke
- Senior Adult Ministry in the 21st Century: Step-by-step Strategies for reaching people over 50 – 2006 – David P. Gallagher
- Ministering to the Seniors: Understanding the Myths and Truths of Aging – 2010 – Joseph R. Rogers, Sr.
We Want your Feedback
We know new resources are constantly being made available. If you have a resource recommendation or success story, we want to hear from you. Contact us and let us know your story!