We aid in planting cowboy churches so those who many have never attended church, can become a part of churches they feel comfortable in and can get to know and grow in Christ.
Come as you are, boots and all
Anyone who has ever visited Greenville, Texas, for a buck out, roping, high school rodeo finals, barrel races or any kind of equine event, knew what the “blue barn” was, or better known as the “Horseman’s Club”.
For many years, the Horseman’s Club was known as the bar to watch the arena events. For the last few years though, the location was vacant, but in 2012 it went on sale again.
That all changed in July 2012, with a core group of 12 individuals and the sponsoring support of Bull Creek Cowboy Church, American Fellowship of Cowboy Churches, Hunt Baptist Association and Texas Baptists, the building was contracted and…
Certificate of Ministry Program for Small Church and Bivocational Pastors
George W. Truett Seminary’s Certificate of Ministry Program for Small Church and Bivocational Pastors/ & Lay Persons is a home study program designed to improve your skills and help you become a more effective minister and follower of Jesus Christ. It is a working out of the admonition of the Apostle Paul to Timothy, “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed” (2 Timothy 2:15).
The program curriculum is specifically written for either a small church pastor or lay person who desires to grow in his/her knowledge of scripture and who want to sharpen their ministry skills. The curriculum is divided into five sessions. Learn more…
How to Get Involved:
- Pray that the Lord will turn the hearts of sponsor churches, church planting pastors and associational leaders to move swiftly in planting these churches.
- Give to the Mary Hill Davis Offering for State Missions. It costs approximately $35,000 to start and develop a new Western Heritage church in Texas.
- Find someone in your church who has a Western Heritage background and encourage them to attend AFCC School for Cowboy Church Planting. These schools meet 4 times a year.
- 09/02/14 – AFCC Ranch House School: AFCC Ranch House School – Circle J Cowboy Church, Texarkana, Arkansas
- 09/09/14 – AFCC Ranch House School: Palo Duro Cowboy Church, Canyon, Texas
- 09/09/14 – AFCC Ranch House School: Jasper County Cowboy Church, Jasper, Texas
- 09/23/14 – AFCC Ranch House School: Double N Cowboy Church, Dublin, Texas
- 09/30/14 – AFCC Ranch House School: Texoma Cowboy Church, Wichita Falls, Texas
- 10/06-11/14 – Cowboy Church Culture or Old Testament Survey (Fall mini-term for three credit hours towards Certificate of Ministry Program) â Dallas Baptist University