Application deadline is March 26, 2015.
Counts as your Congreso registration.
- $30/band member, plus a $25 processing fee for the group.
- Money orders, cashier’s checks, and credit cards are accepted.
- If paying via credit card, ONLY Visa and Mastercard are accepted.
ATTN: Finance & Accounting
7557 Ramber Road, Suite 1200
Dallas, TX 75231-2388
During pre-session time at Congreso, student bands will express their gifts and abilities as they minister and offer praise to God. Christian student bands of varied musical styles are encouraged to apply. Conference expenses (travel, housing, meals, registration, etc.) incurred by student bands are the responsibility of the band and not Congreso. A screening committee will review all applications and demo CD’s received. Bands selected to be featured at Congreso will be notified by April 6, 2015. Due to programming restraints, a limited number of student bands will be selected and featured. There will be no competition among the bands. Neither awards nor financial compensation will be offered. The sole purpose is to offer praise to God, platform varied youth band musical styles, and to be encouraged by their peers.
1. Student band members
must be active members of a BGCT affiliated congregation.
2. Student band members must not have been selected as an FX Band for Congreso 2014.
3. Student band members must demonstrate a passion for worship and be actively seeking God’s heart.
4. Student band members must be between the ages of 13-27.
5. Student bands must not exceed a total of 8 members per band.
6. Student bands cannot sell/promote CD’s or any band-related items or merchandise from the stage, exhibit hall, or anywhere else at Congreso.
7. The FX Band experience is an opportunity for student bands to share their talents with a wider audience. Therefore, semi-professional bands, professional bands, and/or those under the care of a manager, are not eligible to participate as FX bands.
8. Student band members must provide the following prior to the March 26, 2015 deadline. If you are missing ANY of the following application items, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered for selection.
- A completed FX Band Application.
- Letter of recommendation from sponsoring BGCT affiliated congregation.
- Recorded demo CD of desired songs to perform and printed lyrics to songs.
- Group photo (close-up shot).
- Non-refundable registration fee of $30 per band member. This counts as your registration for Congreso. If you apply as part of an FX band, do not register with your church.
- $25 non-refundable processing fee per band.