Risk Management and Church Security
Risk is a part of everyday life—you can't hide from it or avoid it completely. But churches can minimize risk with adequate insurance, policies, and practices.
Church Security Basics: Preparing for the Unexpected
Discover first steps and resources to help your church develop a plan for security and emergency operations. This workshop will include legal and ministry perspectives, and introduce you to tools and a framework for planning ahead for both natural and man-made emergencies. Special attention will be given to active shooter response.
David Adams, Director of Church Administration & Special Projects, and John Litzler, Legal Consultant.
- Developing an Emergency Operations Planning
- Sample Church Emergency Operation Plan
- Guns in Pews? Churches Choose
- Volunteer Private Security for Houses of Worship
- Safety and Security Resources
- Background Check Companies
- Preschool Teaching Policies
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention