Earth is our home. It is beautiful and amazing. It's a fabulous system of interconnected life. The Creator of Earth sustains this life and instructs us to join in that sustaining effort.
The more we understand Earth's life systems, the more we will be able to hear with clarity and urgency what the Bible says about our relationship with the environment. The Creator calls us to care for the creation.
BGCT Resolutions on Creation Care
Whereas the Bible affirms that, “the earth is the Lord's and all that is in it" (Psalm 24:1); and whereas the pronouncement, “And God saw that it was good" reverberates throughout the creation account in Genesis 1... Click here to read more.
Quick Tips on Creation Care
Although we may not often discuss it – or in some cases we may not even be aware of it – the Bible is clear: we are to care for God's Creation. Click here to read more.
Therefore: Caring for Creation
Since the beginning of space travel, a common experience shared by astronauts as they view the earth through the small windows of their spacecraft is an overwhelming feeling of dependence and gratitude for the planet they call home.... Christians are called to protect our planetary home because we believe that God is the Creator and Sustainer of all that is. Click here to read more.
Therefore: Environmental Justice
Nearly a quarter of a century has passed since the publication of Jonathan Schell's bestseller, The Fate of the Earth.... Now we are faced with still another critical moment regarding the fate of the earth, namely, environmental degradation. Click here to read more.
Moral Landscape of Creation – Christian Reflection
Baylor University, Center for Christian Ethics
Download the entire Moral Landscape of Creation issue and the set of six Study Guides. Or, download individual pieces by clicking the titles. Click here to read more.
Tips for Making your Home and Church More Energy Efficient
Go Green: What You Can Do In Your Home and Congregation. Click here to read more.
These links do not necessarily represent the views of the CLC, but they may contain helpful information and resources.
- Au Sable Institute of Environmental Studies
- U.S. Department of Energy
- Texas Interfaith Power & Light
- Students urged to consider others when thinking of global warming – Baptist Standard (April 13, 2012)
- For the Beauty of the Earth, a Christian Vision for Creation Care, by Steven Bouma-Prediger
- Earthwise: A Guide to Hopeful Creation Care, by Calvin B. DeWitt
- Redeeming Creation: The Biblical Basis for Environmental Stewardship, by Fred Van Dyke, David C. Mahan, Joseph K. Sheldon, and Raymond H. Brand
- Our Father's World, Mobilizing the Church to Care for Creation, by Edward C. Brown
- Between Heaven and Earth: Christian Perspectives on Environmental Protection, by Fred Van Dyke
"Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; make melody to our God on the lyre. He covers the heavens with clouds, prepares rain for the earth, makes grass grow on the hills. He gives to the animals their food, and to the young ravens when they cry." Psalm 147:7-9
Click here for more scripture.