We are all equally God's children and objects of God's love. All people have the right to be recognized as persons before the law and to enjoy its equal protection. The CLC supports reforms in corrections, sentencing and equitable representation under the law.
- Support efforts to expand diversion programs and specialty courts.
- Support efforts to curb fees and limit court debt to a percentage of a person’s income.
- Support efforts to assist in the transition of ex-offenders back into society through the development and expansion of re-entry programs, including access to basic safety-net service for those who have completed their sentence.
- Support efforts to improve community police relations including funding for body cameras, training on implicit bias, and better data collection.
- Support efforts to improve jury instructions in capital cases to stop concealment of an individual juror’s ability to impose a sentence less than death.