Leadership Texas Baptists is a nine-month experience to engage, equip, and inform emerging leaders from churches across the state. Pastors, staff, and lay leaders accepted into the program will gather once a month in a cohort experience to hear from and dialog with Texas Baptists leaders.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Emerging leaders ages 20s – 30s preferable
- Active member of a BGCT affiliated church
- September retreat required; Must attend 7 of 8 remaining seminars (or will be included in next cohort)
Deadline & Tuition
Application deadline is June 15, 2018.
Tuition will be $475.
Includes room and board at kickoff retreat, course materials, monthly training classes, lunches, and materials at each session. Student is responsible for travel expenses.
Application and references must be completed by June 15.
Participants will be notified of their acceptance into the program by July 15.
Tentative Seminar Dates
- September 7-8, 2018
- October 18, 2018
- November 15, 2018
- December 13, 2018
- January 17, 2019
- February 21, 2019
- March 21, 2019
- April 18, 2019
- May 20, 2019
- Leadership development
- Critical issues for Texas Baptists in the 21st century
- Developing purpose and mission
- Baptist collaboration
- Ministry in a multi-cultural context
- Effective networking
- The changing face of Texas
- Values & vision for the Texas Baptists family