We exist to offer hope and encouragement to Texas Baptists struggling with difficult life issues.
Our Services Include
- Confidential assessment, counseling and referral services for ministers and their families.
- Counseling resources for all Texas Baptists.
- Group presentations on mental health topics to promote overall well-being and healthy living.
- Contact Katie Swafford at (800) 388-2005 or by email at: counselingservices[at]texasbaptists.org.
- Information regarding your situation will be gathered to identify needs.
- Financial needs, location and counseling specialties will be considered.
- Resources or referrals will be offered based upon assessed needs of the individual or family.
- Counseling subsidy funds for ministers may be allocated per certain criteria and as available.
Almost every family and church is impacted in some way by substance abuse. The BGCT’s Christian Life Commission addresses the issue of substance abuse primarily through prevention and education strategies.Click here to learn more.
Interested in becoming a part of the Counseling Network?
Our Approved Professional Network includes a variety of mental health professional disciplines (psychologists, psychiatrists, LPC,LCSW, LMFT, LCDC) who have an interest in serving Christian ministers and their families.
Freedom through surrender
by Kalie Lowrie on November 4, 2015 in faith
Serving as a co-pastor at Community Life Church (C-Life) in Forney, Randy Wade wears multiple hats day-in and day-out. From pastor, counselor, mentor and friend to husband, father and son, Randy serves many people in a variety of ways.
One day last fall, as he began listing out his roles in life and how he thought he ranked in each one, it became very apparent something was not right. While many ministers and leaders in the church complimented Randy on his giftings, it was hard for him to honestly rank himself above a two on a 10-point scale in any/p>... [continue]