We exist to offer hope and encouragement to Texas Baptists struggling with difficult life issues.
Our Services Include
- Confidential assessment, counseling and referral services for ministers and their families.
- Counseling resources for all Texas Baptists.
- Group presentations on mental health topics to promote overall well-being and healthy living.
- Contact Katie Swafford at (800) 388-2005 or by email at: email@example.com.
- Information regarding your situation will be gathered to identify needs.
- Financial needs, location and counseling specialties will be considered.
- Resources or referrals will be offered based upon assessed needs of the individual or family.
- Counseling subsidy funds for ministers may be allocated per certain criteria and as available.
Almost every family and church is impacted in some way by substance abuse. The BGCT’s Christian Life Commission addresses the issue of substance abuse primarily through prevention and education strategies.Click here to learn more.
Interested in becoming a part of the Counseling Network?
Our Approved Professional Network includes a variety of mental health professional disciplines (psychologists, psychiatrists, LPC,LCSW, LMFT, LCDC) who have an interest in serving Christian ministers and their families.
Want to Minister to People Who Live with Mental Illness? Here’s Where to Start
by Guest Author on May 4, 2016 in faith
You are a soldier, a veteran of war. The experiences that have made you stronger have also left your body marked by scars. The battles you have survived have helped you discover previously unknown parts of yourself that both make you proud and terrify you. Your training shows in the way you walk, the way you talk and the lines on your face.
You appreciate when people recognize you as a veteran and thank you for your service. But what you really need is to be with people who understand, who/p>/p>... [continue]