We exist to offer hope and encouragement to Texas Baptists struggling with difficult life issues.
Our Services Include:
- Confidential assessment, counseling and referral services for ministers and their families.
- Counseling resources for all Texas Baptists.
- Group presentations on mental health topics to promote overall well-being and healthy living.
- Contact Katie Swafford at (800) 388-2005 or by email at: counselingservices[at]texasbaptists.org.
- Information regarding your situation will be gathered to identify needs.
- Financial needs, location and counseling specialties will be considered.
- Resources or referrals will be offered based upon assessed needs of the individual or family.
- Counseling subsidy funds for ministers may be allocated per certain criteria and as available.
Almost every family and church is impacted in some way by substance abuse. The BGCT’s Christian Life Commission addresses the issue of substance abuse primarily through prevention and education strategies. Click here to learn more.
Interested in becoming a part of the Counseling Network?
Our Approved Professional Network includes a variety of mental health professional disciplines (psychologists, psychiatrists, LPC,LCSW, LMFT, LCDC) who have an interest in serving Christian ministers and their families.
How to find life from death
by Katie Swafford on July 8, 2015 in faith
This is the third article in a three-part series from our Director of Counseling Services on loss, which addresses how to deal with the emotional impacts of loss through grief, compassion fatigue, and finding life in death.
Amid all the awareness of death and loss in the last few weeks, God has proven faithful to show He makes all things new.
On the very day I had heard news of the devastating loss of a family member, a co-worker pulled me aside to chat about a loved one’s spiritual growth and awakening. This was the story of a young adult,/p>/p>/em>... [continue]