We strive to cooperate with other Baptists bodies to minister to African Americans and others in fulfilling the Great Commission of Jesus Christ. We achieve this by raising up and training leaders in the African American church body.
- Serve as facilitator and liaison to Texas Baptists (BGCT) and the African American churches and community.
- Implement and develop leadership training for pastors, ministers, laity and other church and ministry related functions.
- Provide consultation to churches, associational leadership and Texas Baptists (BGCT) staff in cross-cultural relationships, evangelism, discipleship, worship, stewardship, and Bible study.
- Conduct research and study projects to determine the needs of African American and other related churches.
- Provide biblical training to raise up and develop strong African American leadership in both our churches and communities.
African American Leadership Workshop
Truett Theological Seminary, Baylor University
March 4-5, 2016
Minority Scholarship Program
The scholarships are funded through the Mary Hill Davis Offering for Texas Missions sponsored annually by Woman’s Missionary Union of Texas. The Mary Hill Davis Ethnic/Minority Scholarship Program is designed to strengthen Texas Baptist churches by providing scholarships to Baptist students from ethnic/minority backgrounds planning to attend a Texas Baptist university.