Dear Texas Baptists,
Texas Baptists takes very seriously the safety of children at church. Therefore, we are taking a proactive approach in providing you and your church the proper training in ensuring a safe environment for children. We have partnered with an organization called MinistrySafe and are hosting regional training opportunities around the state on sexual abuse prevention. We believe this is a significant issue for churches and we are offering this to you and encouraging you to take full advantage of it. Let’s keep children safe at church! We are asking you to bring a team of leaders from your church, particularly those that work with children, to the training that we are offering through MinistrySafe. I hope you’ll come!
Church Safety Workshops
MinistrySafe is a national and industry leader in sexual abuse risk reduction with a mission to protect children and those who serve them. Founders Greg Love and Kimberlee Norris are sexual abuse attorneys with a nationwide legal practice limited to issues involving child sexual abuse. The Church Safety Workshop is designed to provide practical information regarding the…
- WHY (accurate information about abuse and abusers)
- WHAT (description of an effective ministry Safety System)
- HOW(resources and tools necessary to create an effective Safety System)
Please join us for this important and impactful training. Workshop times are 9:30am – 3:00pm, unless otherwise noted.
- February 9 – Green Acres, Tyler
- March 28 – FBC Woodway
- April 27 – FBC Midland
- May 9* – Highland BC, Lubbock
- May 11* – Dallas County Cowboy Church
- September 12 - The Fort Bend Church
- October 10* – Life Church, San Antonio
- October 26 - Triple Cross Cowboy Church, Granbury
- November 2 - Calvary Baptist Church, McAllen
*An additional training session will be held from 6:30pm – 9:00pm.