Leadership Texas Baptists is a nine-month experience to engage, equip, and inform emerging leaders from churches across the state. Pastors, staff, and lay leaders accepted into the program will gather once a month in a cohort experience to hear from and dialog with Texas Baptists leaders.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Emerging leaders ages 20s – 30s preferable
- Active member of a BGCT affiliated church
- September retreat required; Must attend 7 of 8 remaining seminars (or will be included in next cohort)
Deadline & Tuition
Applications for the 2019-2020 year (Cohort 5) will be open from May 1 – June 14.
The Application Deadline has passed.
Tuition will be $475.
Includes room and board at kickoff retreat, course materials, monthly training classes, lunches, and materials at each session.
The student is responsible for travel expenses.
Tentative Seminar Dates
- September 13-14, 2019 (required retreat)
- October 10, 2019
- November 18, 2019 (Annual Meeting, Waco)
- December 12, 2019
- January 16, 2020
- February 13, 2020
- March 19, 2020
- April 16, 2020
- May 18, 2020 (Executive Board)
- Leadership development
- Critical issues for Texas Baptists in the 21st century
- Developing purpose and mission
- Baptist collaboration
- Ministry in a multi-cultural context
- Effective networking
- The changing face of Texas
- Values & vision for the Texas Baptists family