Leadership Texas Baptists is a nine-month experience to engage, equip, and inform emerging leaders from churches across the state. Pastors, staff, and lay leaders accepted into the program will gather once a month in a cohort experience to hear from and dialog with Texas Baptists leaders.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Emerging leaders ages 20s – 30s preferable
- Active member of a BGCT affiliated church
- September retreat required; Must attend 7 of 8 remaining seminars (or will be included in next cohort)
Applications for the 2020-2021 year (Cohort 6) will be open from May 1 – June 14, 2020.
- Leadership development
- Critical issues for Texas Baptists in the 21st century
- Developing purpose and mission
- Baptist collaboration
- Ministry in a multi-cultural context
- Effective networking
- The changing face of Texas
- Values & vision for the Texas Baptists family
Alumni Cohort Testimonials
"The Cohort recharged me in ministry, helped me grow in my leadership, and gave me lifelong friends."
-Lezah Maitland, Cohort 4 Member Read More
"This program opened my eyes to so many other Baptists who are serving within their own contexts – female leaders, African American leaders, pastors, children’s ministers, those who are just starting their college journey and those working on a doctorate."
-Fernando Rojas, Cohort 4 Member Read More
"[the program] broadened my view of the work we do at Texas Baptists....the more leaders I was introduced to, the more I was able to see the bigger picture and how that played a part in my church."
-Lynn Harper, Cohort 1 Member